STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  April 2018

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY April 2018

Saint Philip Greek Food Festival: Needs Update

Thu, 12 Apr 2018 16:37:06 -0400

Fellow Parishioners & Friends ... Christos Anesti! Christ is Risen! Please
note the special dates and needs below, forwarded to us by our 2018 Greek
Food Festival Committee. Please plug the dates into your phone or jot them
down on your calendar-and do support where you can. Perhaps your next "big
thing" at Saint Philip could be taking on the Imports Booth or joining the
Kitchen Crew. All of these opportunities contribute toward the support of
our ministries and programs; your help is vital.

Yours,

Fr. Alex

Urgent request for Festival Help

Nancy Pappo has asked for help with the imports booth this year. She has
done this for 15 years and is looking for someone (or even better, a family)
to transition into this important part of our festival. This is a lot of fun
in that you get to see everyone. (Who doesn't stop by to see what goodies
Nancy and her family has for us each year?) Please reach out to Nancy
directly or one of the chairs and let us know you can take this on. We also
want to thank Nancy and her family for their devotion over many years with
our festival!   [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Mark your Calendar!

We will be cutting and marinating chicken on Monday May 14th at 5:30 pm.  We
will be able to get this done in a couple hours if we get 20+ people to
assist. (Last year, we set a record for over 1000 pounds.)  Please save this
date, bring your favorite knife and cutting board. Also, please bring a
baseball hat for the food prep.

Baking  - Mark your calendar

Saturday April 14th  at 9am - Baking help needed for Kataifi  (sort of like
spaghetti but less calories!)

Saturday April 21st  at 9am, we will be making those twisted delights -
Koulourakia. There is no question, ours are the best.  Find out how we do it
- untwist the mystery and please help. We need a lot of people so, if you
have not helped yet, this is your opportunity.

Festival Kitchen Help

We are actively looking for a few new people to help in the kitchen this
year. (No worries - no one was "Chopped" from last year. )  This is where
the action is so, make sure you let us know that you want to be part of !
Contact Joe Pappo or Doug Philipon  -  [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  or [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>