STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  August 2018

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY August 2018

Saint Philip Weekly eBlast: Aug 5, 10th Sunday of Matthew

Fri, 3 Aug 2018 11:49:16 -0400

Your Weekly eBulletin for this Sunday, Aug. 5, is published and ready:
<http://www.stphilipnh.org/bulletin/> http://www.stphilipnh.org/bulletin/.
Please join us at Saint Philip for worship, ancient yet incredibly relevant
for today, and friendship at our beloved parish home. If you are traveling,
go safely and come back to us soon.

Our cycle of Paraklesis services has begun; please see the calendar below.
Join us for as many as you can during this holy period of reflection,
fasting and preparation. Speaking of our services, please note that the
Transfiguration on Aug. 6 will celebrated at our sister parish in Lowell,
Holy Transfiguration Church. There will not be a Paraklesis at Saint Philip
that evening.

The Hudson Old Home Days Fundraiser is Aug. 9 - 12. More volunteers are
needed, and please do support this important fundraiser for our parish.
Contact Ed Marden to join our team:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Our Health & Wellness Ministry will have three excellent offerings in
August. The usual Blood Pressure Clinic/Exercise/Therapeutic Massage session
will be Aug. 13, 10 - 11:30 am (TM is by appointment only). A Red Cross
Blood Drive is slated for Aug. 20, 12 - 5 pm; 3 - 4 volunteers from our
parish are needed to staff this important community outreach event. Then on
Aug. 25, also 10 - 11:30 am, there will be a fun end-of-summer "Paint Party"
led by a real artist! The event will be held at Saint Philip; $15 per
participant.  Contact Joe Collet for a TM appointment, to help with the
blood drive or to confirm for the Paint Party (for party RSVP by August 19):

Have a wonderful weekend, and see you in Church!

CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
10TH SUNDAY OF MATTHEW, August 5
- Orthros, 8:30 am
- Divine Liturgy, 9:30 am

 MONDAY, August 6
Transfiguration
- Orthros & Divine Liturgy at Holy
Transfiguration in Lowell, 8:30 & 9:30 am
-No Paraklesis

TUESDAY, August 7
- Parish Council, 6:30 pm

WED & FRI, August 8 & 10