STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  March 2018

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY March 2018

Saint Philip Weekly eBlast: April 1, Palm Sunday--Luncheon & Bake Sale

Thu, 29 Mar 2018 07:53:08 -0400

Your Weekly eBulletin for this Sunday, April 1, Palm Sunday is now available
at the link below. In addition, our Holy Week Schedule is available on our
site for viewing and sharing:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org/events/holy_week/>
http://www.stphilipnh.org/events/holy_week/. Sunday will begin a very
special week for us all-Holy Week, which will mark the end of our Lenten
journey and the beginning of His Passion, ultimately leading us to the
experience of His Resurrection. We hope you, and yours, will join us at
Saint Philip for as many of our divine services and spiritually enriching
activities as possible.

Regarding this Sunday, our Parish Council will offer us a beautiful fish
lunch, with some special menu items for our children. All are welcome to
join us as we celebrate this "feast within the fast," and please bring
family and friends! Limited tickets will be available at the door: Adults,
$13; Children, $6.

During the lunch, make sure to stop by the Agape Bake Sale! Many hands have
been busy baking over the last few weeks; why bake when the work has been
done for you? Please visit our wonderful ladies and support their ministry
by bringing home some baked goods for your Easter table.

Looking ahead into Holy Week, the eBulletin and attached PDF outline a host
of opportunities and needs worthy of our attention. Agape Sunday foreign
language readers are needed, and it's time to register for the Holy Friday
Youth Retreat (focusing on Psalm 22 & the Cross), just to name a few. Please
read your bulletins and monthly newsletter for the full spectrum of
happenings, including contact information. Still need help plugging in or
have questions? Simple contact Fr. Alex:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Finally, please note that there are still plenty of opportunities to donate
items from the Lenten/Holy Week Donation Form. The list of outstanding items
and donation amounts is as follows:

*        Flowers to adorn base of Cross: $150

*        Flowers to adorn Narthex Icons (2): $100 each

*        Easter Lilly plants (8): $25 each

*        Laurel leaves: $100

*        Flower petals & baskets: $75

*        Arch of Beautiful Gates: $160

*        Flowers arrangements for Iconostasion (5 needed): $70 each

*        Flower arrangements for pulpit & chanter stand: $60 each

*        Liturgical books: $200

If you would like to sponsor one or more of these items, contact the Church
Office at your earliest convenience:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask] We appreciate your support of these worthy efforts to
beautify our Church and enhance our divine services during this most holy
time of year.

Kalo Pascha and a blessed Holy Week to all!

HOLY WEEK AT SAINT PHILIP
PALM SUNDAY, April 9
- Sunday School/OCMC Boxes Due
- Parish Fish Luncheon
- Agape Bake Sale
-Myrrhbearers Rehearsal
- Bridegroom Service, 7 pm

HOLY MON. & TUE., April 10 & 11
- Bridegroom Service, 7 pm

HOLY WEDNESDAY, April 12
- Holy Unction, 3:30 & 7 pm

HOLY THURSDAY, April 13
- Vesperal Liturgy, 6 am
- The Passion, 7 pm

HOLY FRIDAY, April 14
Royal Hours, 9 am
- Holy Friday Youth Retreat, 12:30 pm
- Descent from the Cross, 3:30 pm
- Lamentations, 7 pm

HOLY SATURDAY, April 15
Vesperal Liturgy, 9 am
- GOYA Egg Wrapping, 11 am
- Resurrection Service & Divine Liturgy, 11 pm
(Anastasi Fellowship to follow)

HOLY PASCHA/EASTER, April 16
- Agape Vespers, 11 am
- Easter Egg Hunt, 11:45 am