STGREGNYSA Archives

STGREGNYSA@LISTSERV.GOARCH.ORG

STGREGNYSA Home

STGREGNYSA  May 2014

STGREGNYSA May 2014

Parish Calendar Updates

Christopher Psillas <[log in to unmask]>

Christopher Psillas <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 21 May 2014 21:54:42 -0700

text/plain

St. Gregory of Nyssa this Week: Christ is Risen! Only 8 days until Ascension, let's proclaim it with joy!

1. The return of Church Family Night is THIS Friday the 23rd AT Church. The reason we moved to the 4th Friday this month is that it coincided with the Feast for St. Symeon the NEW Stylite. We'll begin with Vesperal Liturgy for St. Symeon at 6PM. As we were talking of the Living Water that our Lord offered Photine at the well this past Sunday, we'll continue our discussion after dinner about New Saints, new endeavors and how the Living Water moves, expressing the Truth of Christ in ways specific to a present reality (we'll use last Sunday's Gospel as an example). We constantly reach out to the "new" world and attract new Members with unique and new gifts used in expressing the Faith "once for all delivered to the Saints." As Liturgically we're anticipating Saturday with an evening Liturgy, this Potluck is not necessarily fasting. So, let us Feast anew!

2. This Saturday we're back to Great Vespers here at home. Those who attended St. Anthony's this past Saturday were blessed by a beautiful Service, words from Archbishop Joseph followed by a banquet raising funds for the Al-Kaffat (Abilities) Foundation which provides for the welfare the disabled and elderly in Lebanon. It was an inspirational presentation. Go to http://www.al-kaffat.org/ for more information.

3. Finally  Beloved, the coming Sunday of the Blind Man is the FINAL Sunday of Pascha. So, come sing it with us one more time! Christ is Risen from the dead, by death, He has trampled down death and to those in the tombs He has granted life!

Coming Next Week: The GREAT Feast of our Lord's Ascension, Wednesday Evening the 28th and Thursday Morning the 29th... make time now for one or both chances to participate in the Great Feast.

Come and join your East County San Diego Padre and Family! Your ever-grateful,

Fr. Simeon B. Corona
St. Gregory of Nyssa Greek Orthodox Church
1454 Jamacha Rd.
El Cajon, CA 92019
Church: 619/593-0707
Cell: 619/760-6373