STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  August 2016

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY August 2016

Saint Philip Church Weekly eBlast: August 7, 7th Sunday of Matthew

Thu, 4 Aug 2016 12:14:22 -0400

Your Weekly eBulletin for this Sunday, August 7, is published and ready at
the link below. We hope to see you for worship, friendship and the Sunday
School "Saints in the Summer" program, featuring an activity based on the
life of Saint Seraphim of Sarov. There will also be a special meeting for
GOYA officers and chairs.

Our cycle of Paraklesis Services continues this week: Aug. 8, 10 & 12. We
hope and pray that our faithful will make it to as many of these brief,
beautiful services as possible; please submit names of the living to Fr.
Alex only once, as he will save them for use each night. All services will
begin at 6 pm, except for the 10th, which will begin at 6:30 pm. On this
night, our Women's Prayer Group & Bible Study will be meeting at 6 pm; all
women of our parish are invited to join them for this special introduction
to the Paraklesis Service and worship.

The GOYA Lake Sunapee outing is on for August 13! We are all invited to
gather at Lake Sunapee, beginning at 10 am, for boat rides, beach fun and
grilling with the Johnston Family! If you are in town, please join us and
bring the family. Contact Phoebe Chetsas ASAP if you would like to come, so
plans can be made:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] Exact
location details are TBA very soon. Hope to see you there!

Save the date of August 14 for an important informational meeting on the
Every Member dome effort. We are all invited to gather in the hall after
Divine Liturgy, and the presentation will focus on the latest progress on
the dome restoration and fund raising efforts. We will be reporting on some
test work that has taken place this week, in advance of being able to
solidify the approach and pricing that we ultimately will recommend to the
parish for approval consideration. We are very close to making a final
recommendation to the parish-and your presence and input are critical. Many
thanks, in advance, for your enthusiastic participation.

Finally, there is an excellent page on our Archdiocesan website, dedicated
to the Feast of the Dormition (Aug. 15). We hope it is helpful for you, and
your family, as you strive to learn more about our faith and connect to the
great feasts of our Orthodox Faith:
<http://www.goarch.org/special/listen_learn_share/dormition/index_html>
http://www.goarch.org/special/listen_learn_share/dormition/index_html.

See you this Sunday!

WEEKLY CALENDAR
SATURDAY, August 6
The Transfiguration
- Orthros, 8:30 am
- Divine Liturgy, 9:30 am
@Transfiguration Church, Lowell)

7th SUNDAY OF MATTHEW, August 7
- Orthros, 8:30 am
- Divine Liturgy, 9:30 am
- Sunday School: "Saints in the Summer"
- GOYA Officers/Chairs Mtg.

MONDAY, August 8
- Paraklesis, 6 pm

TUESDAY, August 9
- Stewardship, 6:30 pm

WEDNESDAY, August 10
- Health/Wellness Ministry:  BP Clinic & Chair Exercises, 10 am
- Women's Prayer Group, 6 pm
- Paraklesis, 6:30 pm
(please note special start time)

FRIDAY, August 12