STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  September 2016

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY September 2016

Saint Philip Weekly eBlast: Sep. 25, 1st Sunday of Luke & Tonight's Family Night Floor Hockey

Fri, 23 Sep 2016 11:53:43 -0400

This week's eBulletin, for Sunday, Sep. 25, is published and ready at the
link below.

Our children and families are invited to join us for Floor Hockey Family
Night-tonight, Fri., Sep. 23, 6 - 8 pm. JOY, GOYA, Sunday School, Greek
School ... everyone come play! We'll also have foam hockey for our younger
friends, as well as pizza and dessert. We look forward to seeing you!
Players are welcome to bring favorite sticks and other supplies. If you can
bring a side dish or dessert, contact Brandy Chetsas ASAP:

We hope you will join us for worship this weekend, as well as the
continuation of our new "Home Base" Parent Program. Parents, please bring
your children to Fr. Alex in the Church for an activity, and then meet us in
the classrooms area (bring your coffee!). This week's session will be led by
Dan Gioffre. In our introductory session, we mentioned a youth page from the
parish website, "For Your Home," as a companion site to the program. For our
parents and all parishioners, here is the link with the September activity
entry:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org/ministries/for_your_home.php>
http://www.stphilipnh.org/ministries/for_your_home.php.

During Fellowship Hour this Sunday, please pick up your ticket for the Oct.
16 Agape Fundraiser Lunch, to be held during our General Assembly. Lunch
proceeds will benefit the Every Member Campaign dome effort. If you can't
make it to Fellowship Hour, reserve your tickets by contacting Stella Bloom
(603.886.1710). Adults, $12; Children, $6. Our menu will include pastichio,
salad, green beans, dessert & coffee. Thank you for supporting the lunch
and, of course, this important parish assembly.

Looking ahead, Orthodox Life 2016 - 17 will kick-off with guest presenter
Dr. Jim Skedros on Sep. 29 and Oct. 6, 7 - 8:15 pm. Our theme for the year
will be "Affirming Our Faith: the Encyclical of the Holy & Great Council."
Jim will lead us in a basic overview of the letter generated by this
summer's Holy & Great Council. His presentation is entitled "A Gift of
Inspiration." Please join us for this night of learning and enrichment in
the Orthodox Faith.

There's much more in the eBulletin and attached bulletin PDF, including
collection details for the Oct. 1 Agape Yard Sale and information on the
Oct. 1/2 GOYA Lock-In. Read on and enjoy!

CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
1ST SUNDAY OF LUKE, Sep. 25
- Sunday School/Stewardship Practicum
- Home Base w/Dan Gioffre
- Health/Wellness Ministry

MONDAY, Sep. 26
- Agape Yard Sale collections begin & run each day until Sep. 30, 5 - 7 pm

WEDNESDAY, Sep. 28
- Health/Wellness Ministry, 10 am
- Greek School, 4, 5 & 6 pm

THURSDAY, Sep. 29
- Orthodox Life w/Jim Skedros: "A Gift of Inspiration," 7 pm

SATURDAY, Oct. 1
- Agape Yard Sale, 8:30 am - 3 pm
- GOYA Lock-In, 7 pm

2ND SUNDAY OF LUKE, Oct. 2
- Orthros, 7:30 am
- Nashua Fire Rescue Dept. Memorial, 10 am

Web:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org> www.stphilipnh.org

September Come & See:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org/newsletter/>
http://www.stphilipnh.org/newsletter/

Church Calendar:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org/calendar/>