STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  September 2016

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY September 2016

Saint Philip Weekly eBlast: Oct. 2, 2nd Sunday of Luke

Fri, 30 Sep 2016 09:10:22 -0400

We hope everyone will come support the Agape Yard Sale this Sat., Oct. 1,
8:30 am - 3 pm. We wish our Agape members every success in their tireless
efforts. It's also not too late to confirm for the GOYA Lock-In, which is
also being held this Sat., beginning at 7 pm. Our theme will focus on our
identity in Christ: "Who Do You Say I Am?"; dinner, sessions with staff from
MBC, sports and more are on the agenda. All our GOYAns are encouraged to
join us. Parents, please contact Youth Director Elena Barker ASAP to confirm
so proper arrangements can be made:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Looking to this Sunday, Oct. 2, your Weekly eBulletin is ready at the link
below-also, the October Come & See is now available:
<http://www.stphilipnh.org/newsletter/>
http://www.stphilipnh.org/newsletter/. We hope you enjoy Come & See and find
it helpful in connecting your life to the life of our beloved Saint Philip
parish.

Please note that services will begin early this Sunday, because of the
Nashua Fire Rescue Memorial: Orthros will be at 7:30 am; Divine Liturgy will
follow at 8 am. There will be Sunday School after Communion (complete with
donuts!), and all parishioners are invited to join Fr. Alex at the memorial,
beginning at 10 am. The memorial will be held at the intersection of Concord
and Manchester Sts. in Nashua. Thank you for supporting this important and
moving community outreach opportunity, commemorating all fallen fire
fighters of Nashua Fire Rescue.

Looking ahead, Orthodox Life continues with guest presenter Dr. Jim Skedros
on Oct. 6, 7 - 8:15 pm. Our theme for the year is "Affirming Our Faith: the
Encyclical of the Holy & Great Council." Jim is leading us in a basic
overview of the letter generated by this summer's Holy & Great Council. His
presentation is entitled "A Gift of Inspiration." Please join us for this
night of learning and enrichment and get to know Jim. Also, please note that
Sunday, Oct. 9 is Choir Appreciation Sunday. We deeply appreciate the
ministry of the Saint Philip Choir and look forward to honoring them at the
close of Divine Liturgy.

There's much more in the eBulletin and attached bulletin PDF. We hope to see
you at Saint Philip very soon!

2ND SUNDAY OF LUKE, Oct. 2
- Orthros, 7:30 am
- Nashua Fire Rescue Memorial, 10 am