STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  November 2016

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY November 2016

Saint Philip Church Weekly eBlast: Nov 13, 8th Sunday of Luke & Visit from His Eminence

Wed, 9 Nov 2016 17:49:03 -0500

Your Weekly eBulletin for this Sunday, Nov. 13, is ready at the link below.

This will be a very special Sunday at Saint Philip, as we'll be led in
worship by His Eminence Metropolitan Methodios. We look forward to welcoming
His Eminence "home" to Saint Philip, and we will ask all of our Sunday
School children and teachers to remain with us in the Church after Holy
Communion (in their reserved pews right up front!), so they can see the
entire service and be addressed by His Eminence. Several of our Altar
Servers will also be tonsured by His Eminence-we don't want our children to
miss this beautiful moment!

We will also have an opportunity, Sunday, to celebrate this year's Saint
Philip Appreciation Day Honorees, George Kitsis and George Karakantas. We
thank them both for their faithful service to Saint Philip; Fellowship Hour
will be offered in honor of them both. Congratulations George and George!
(Note: George Karakantas cannot be with us on this day, so we will celebrate
at a later date with him as well.)

GOYA Members will be heading out for lunch and Thanksgiving Basket shopping
after Fellowship Hour. This is an important outreach outing we look forward
to every year-all GOYAns are asked to come along. Thanks to Lori Pitsas for
leading this event! Additional parent drivers and leaders are needed, and
all GOYAns are asked to confirm their participation with Marisa Donati,
ASAP:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

The day's events will conclude with the Great Vespers of Saint Philip,
beginning at 7 pm. Fr. Tim Curren will be our guest homilist, and Agape
invites us all to remain for a lovely reception after the service. Looking
to Monday, Nov. 14, the actual Feast Day of Saint Philip, Orthros and Divine
Liturgy will begin at 9 & 10 am, respectively. Again, Agape will host us
after services, this time with a light breakfast. Thanks to all our Agape
women for their time, talent and hospitality.

A blessed feast to our Saint Philip Family. We hope to see you this weekend,
and please read on in your eBulletin and attached PDF for many more details
about services, events, programs and more at our parish.

8TH SUNDAY OF LUKE, Nov. 13
- Orthros, 8:45 am
- Divine Liturgy, 10 am
Welcome to His Eminence!
- Sunday School-children will remain in Divine Liturgy after Holy Communion
- Appreciation Day Event
- GOYA Lunch & Basket Shopping
- Great Vespers of Saint Philip, 7 pm
(Welcome Fr. Tim Curren, guest homilist; Agape reception to follow)

MONDAY, Nov. 14
Saint Philip the Apostle
Orthros, 9 am
Divine Liturgy, 10 am
(Agape breakfast to follow)
-Agape Nashua Soup Kitchen Service, 4 pm

TUESDAY, Nov. 15
- Compassionate Friends, 6:30 pm

WEDNESDAY, Nov. 16
- Health/Wellness Ministry, 9:30 am
- Greek School, 4 & 6 pm

THURSDAY, Nov. 17
- Agape Nashua Soup Kitchen Service, 4 pm

SATURDAY, Nov. 19
- Agape Art & Craft Fair, 10 am

9TH SUNDAY OF LUKE, Nov. 20
- Sunday School/Lessons & Carols sign up
- JOY Thanksgiving Basket assembly
- Saint Modestos Pet Blessing, 2 pm

STAY CONNECTED
Web:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org> www.stphilipnh.org