STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  November 2016

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY November 2016

Saint Philip Weekly eBlast: Nov. 20, 9th Sunday of Luke

Sat, 19 Nov 2016 08:53:46 -0500

Your Weekly eBulletin for this Sunday, Nov. 20, is ready at the link below.
We hope to see our entire parish family at Saint Philip this Sunday for
worship and friendship!

Following Holy Communion, all parents will be asked to accompany their
children to Sunday School for a Lessons & Carols informational meeting and
sign up. We look forward to witnessing our children's prayerful performance
on December 11, and we are grateful to their leaders and teachers for
working to make the event possible. After Sunday School, JOY & GOYA members
are invited to help arrange and prepare the Thanksgiving Baskets in the
hall. Our GOYA members did a great job shopping for the baskets last week,
and so many of our parishioners have been greatly generous regarding this
effort. Remember, with the Thanksgiving effort near completion, the
Christmas Wish List Project kicks off this Sunday. Please do sign up to
sponsor a child (or several) during Fellowship Hour-your concern, your
interest ... your compassion for those in need will make a profound
difference in the lives of those we are serving this holiday season.

The Saint Modestos Pet Blessing Event is also this Sunday, 2 - 4 pm (weather
permitting). Bring your dogs, cats and any pet friends you can safely
transport. Children without pets may bring a favorite stuffed animal-or a
picture of a pet who might be difficult to transport. Human and pet treats
will be served.

Stewardship Sunday is December 4. Our 2017 campaign is a profound one: "As
the Father has sent me, so I send you" (John 20:21). Truly we are all "sent"
by God to spread the Gospel and grow His Holy Church through our
Stewardship! We will launch the campaign on Dec. 4, Stewardship Sunday.
Special invitations have been sent out to our parishioners. If you are still
striving to fulfill your 2016 commitment, Commitment Cards are available in
the Narthex and Church Office. And remember you can also give online today
via the "Giving" section of our website and learn all about our 2017
Stewardship Ministry:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org/stewardship/>
http://www.stphilipnh.org/stewardship/

Finally, many thanks to all those involved in last weekend's feast day
events. Our Altar leaders, chanters, Agape members, Parish Council members
and youth contributed a great deal to the services and receptions-and we are
grateful to them all. Also, many thanks to His Eminence Metropolitan
Methodios for joining us. He tonsured Jeffrey, Thomas & Stephen Johnston
("Axios," boys!) and made the presentation of the Saint Philip Appreciation
Day Award to George Kitsis and George Karakantas (who was not able to be
with us).

A Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to all! As we engage the preparation period
for the Lord's Nativity (began Nov. 15) and enjoy our nation's day of
Thanksgiving and reflection on Thursday, may our hearts abound with
thankfulness for our Lord, our families, our friends and the many blessings
of our lives.

9TH SUNDAY OF LUKE, Nov. 20
- Sunday School-parents, please head to class with your child after Holy
Communion for Lessons & Carols sign up
- JOY & GOYA basket assembly
- Saint Modestos Pet Blessing, 2 pm

WEDNESDAY, Nov. 23
- Health/Wellness Ministry: BP Clinic, 10 am
- No Greek School

THURSDAY & FRIDAY, Nov. 24 & 25
- Office closed. Happy Thanksgiving to our
parish family!

13TH SUNDAY OF LUKE, Nov. 27
- Sunday School/Stewardship Practicum
- Health/Wellness Ministry: BP Clinic