STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  November 2016

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY November 2016

Saint Philip Church: Happy Thanksgiving & Feast of St. Andrew Details

Wed, 23 Nov 2016 10:34:48 -0500

To our Saint Philip Family & Friends:

We wish you a beautiful Thanksgiving holiday and week, full of prayerful
reflection upon God’s many blessings in our lives. If you must travel,
please be safe as well! Below, you’ll see a simple Prayer for Your
Thanksgiving Table—consider having a child or grandchild lead it (but make
sure to give it to him/her ahead of time to practice).

In addition, a flyer for the Metropolis’ Feast of St. Andrew services and
events is attached. St. Andrew is the patron saint of our Metropolis, and
we’re all invited on Nov. 29 and 30.

Finally, please note there will be no eBulletin or hard copy prepared at
Saint Philip this weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving!

A Prayer
for Your
Thanksgiving Table

O Lord of all creation: Be blest for the earth and all it holds, for the
seas and all their riches, and for the heavens and all that fills them. Be
blest for the mountains and valleys, for the lakes and rivers and streams,
for the forests, deserts, and plains and all that inhabits them. In
relishing the blessings of this day, we are well aware of the way you have
dealt with us at all times. Your mercy is so abundant and your love for us
is so great that, although we were spiritually dead in our disobedience, you
brought us to life through your Christ. Therefore, master, enable us to
reflect on this mystery throughout the coming day, calling to mind all you
have done for us, that we may reap the benefits of the day, while enjoying
the company of those we love.

For you deserve all glory, honor, and worship, Father, Son, and Holy
Spirit: now and forever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.