STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  March 2017

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY March 2017

Saint Philip Weekly eBlast: Sunday of St. Gregory Palamas & Parish General Assembly

Fri, 10 Mar 2017 09:44:35 -0500

There will be a festival baking session tomorrow (Saturday, March 11),
beginning at 9 am. Please join us if you can-the festival is right around
the corner and many hands are needed. Contact Jamie Pappas to confirm:

Your Weekly eBulletin, for this Sunday, March 12, the Sunday of Saint
Gregory Palamas, is published and ready at the link below. Saint Gregory was
a 14th century archbishop of Thessalonica, and he is remembered by the
Church each year on the 2nd Sunday of Lent for his great theological
teaching, wisdom and heart-felt dedication to God and His people. We hope
you can join us for worship and Sunday School! Following Divine Liturgy, we
will have our winter General Assembly. Among other important items, we are
expecting exciting news regarding the Every Member dome effort, and a vote
may be required-please make sure to join us!

Looking ahead, we will welcome Fr. Nicholas Apostola, of St. Nicholas
Romanian Orthodox Church in Shrewsbury, MA, to St. Philip on Wed., March 15.
Fr. Nick will worship and dine with us and then present on "Practicing What
We Preach" in our everyday lives: at work, among neighbors, friends, every
public facet of our lives. The presentation will, no doubt, be inspiring and
challenging. Please join us and help welcome Fr. Nick to our parish! Our
Parish Council will be hosting the Lenten dinner; we are grateful to them
for the loving effort.

Many thanks to all the parishioners who volunteered and/or gave blood at
last week's ARC Blood Drive. 24 units were collected, and it was a worthy
project for our parish, hand in hand with the greater community.

Within the eBulletin, you'll see more details about everything from Family
Night ("Celebrating Saint Patrick") on March 17 to what's happening with our
new Parish Lending Library. Please read on, and join us for as many Lenten
services and events as possible.

SAVE THESE DATES
March 16: Agape Nashua Soup Kitchen Service (4 pm)
March 18: Festival Baking/Cooking, 9 am

March 23: Women's Prayer Group & Bible Study (6:30 pm)
March 25: Divine Liturgy for the Annunciation
March 25: AHEPA City Hall/Flag Raising &
Hellenic Circle Trisagion
April 2: Greek School Annunciation/Greek Independence Day Program

CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
SAINT GREGORY PALAMAS, March 12
- Oratorical Festival
- Parish General Assembly

TUESDAY, March 14
- Stewardship, 6:30 pm

WEDNESDAY, March 15
- Health/Wellness Ministry, 10 am
- Greek School, 4 & 6 pm
- PreSanctified Liturgy, 6 pm (Dinner
& Orthodox Life w/Fr. Nick Apostola)

THURSDAY, March 16
- Agape Nashua Soup Kitchen Service, 4 pm

FRIDAY, March 17
- Family Night, 6 pm
- 3rd Salutations, 7 pm

SATURDAY, March 18