STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  March 2017

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY March 2017

Saint Philip Weekly eBlast: March 19, Sunday of the Holy Cross

Fri, 17 Mar 2017 10:56:28 -0400

Tonight (March 17) is Family Night! The fun begins at 6 pm, with dinner and
a wonderful activity on Saint Patrick. Each participant will receive a
special gift to take home. Then we'll all head into the Salutations
Service-the evening will be complete by about 8 pm. Sunday Schoolers, JOY,
GOYA, Greek School students, parents and all parishioners welcome!

There will be a festival baking session tomorrow (Saturday, March 18),
beginning at 9 am. Please join us if you can-the festival is right around
the corner and many hands are needed. Contact Jamie Pappas to confirm:

Your Weekly eBulletin, for this Sunday, March 19, the Sunday of the
Veneration of the Holy Cross, is published and ready at the link below. Join
us for worship, an awesome activity on the Annunciation in Sunday School,
our monthly GOYA Meeting, friendship and much more at Saint Philip.

Looking ahead, we will welcome Fr. Nicholas Apostola, of St. Nicholas
Romanian Orthodox Church in Shrewsbury, MA, to St. Philip on Wed., March 22.
The weather got in the way last week, but Fr. Nick is free to join us this
coming Wed., and we are so grateful. Fr. Nick will worship and dine with us
and then present on "Practicing What We Preach" in our everyday lives: at
work, among neighbors, friends, every public facet of our lives. The
presentation will, no doubt, be inspiring and challenging. Please join us
and help welcome Fr. Nick to our parish!

Many thanks to our Parish Council, committee leaders and attendees for
making last Sunday's General Assembly a success. Positive votes were given
to the Every Member Capital Campaign Committee regarding the chosen dome
solution and HVAC replacement project. More details to follow.

Within the eBulletin, you'll see more details about everything from Women's
Prayer Group & Bible Study on March 23 to the Saturday of Lazarus Event on
April 8. Please read on, and join us for as many Lenten services and events
as possible.

SAVE THESE DATES
March 20: Agape Nashua Soup Kitchen Service
March 24: Great Vespers of the Annunciation/Salutations
March 25: Divine Liturgy for the Annunciation
March 25: AHEPA City Hall/Flag Raising &
Hellenic Circle Trisagion
March 31: Akathist Hymn
April 2: Greek School Annunciation/Greek Independence Day Program

CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
THE HOLY CROSS, March 19
- GOYA Mtg.
- Dance Troupe

MONDAY, March 20
- Agape @Nashua Soup Kitchen, 4 pm

TUESDAY, March 21
- Compassionate Friends, 6:30 pm

 WEDNESDAY, March 22
- Health/Wellness Ministry, 10 am
- Greek School, 4 & 6 pm
- PreSanctified Liturgy, 6 pm (Dinner
& Orthodox Life w/Fr. Nick Apostola)

THURSDAY, March 23
- Women's Prayer Group, 6:30 pm
- Choir practice, 6:30 pm

FRIDAY, March 24
- Festival Baking/Cooking, 9 am
- Great Vespers of the Annunciation, 7 pm

SATURDAY, March 25
The Annunciation
- Orthros
- Divine Liturgy
- AHEPA Event: 11 am, City Hall Plaza (ceremony); 12 pm, Hellenic Circle
(Trisagion)
- Festival Baking/Cooking, 11:30 am

SAINT JOHN CLIMACUS, March 26
- Health/Wellness Ministry