STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  March 2017

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY March 2017

Saint Philip Weekly eBlast: April 2, Sunday of Saint Mary of Egypt

Thu, 30 Mar 2017 11:40:58 -0400

With the impending weather, the festival baking session planned for
Saturday, April 1, will be tonight (Thursday), beginning at 5:30 pm. Please
come and help if you are able-many hands make our work go so much faster.
This is not an April Fool's Day prank; please do come tonight! If there is a
need to cancel tomorrow evening's (Friday) Akathist Hymn Service, it will be
announced to our parish by tomorrow afternoon.

Your Weekly eBulletin, for this Sunday, April 2, the Sunday of Saint Mary of
Egypt, is available below. Saint Mary, after living a great deal of her life
away from God, is said to have lived in the desert in a state of repentance
for 47 years. Her example is offered to us each year on this Sunday, to
remind us that fasting, abstention, repentance and other Lenten endeavors
are indeed possible! May Saint Mary's example inspire and encourage us as we
approach the power of Holy Week. Please do join us Sunday for Divine
Liturgy, Sunday School and the Annunciation/Greek Independence Day
Program-in addition, Fr. Alex will be meeting with young ladies interested
in being Myrrhbearers during the Bridegroom Services and, of course, on Holy
Friday Evening. Parents, please bring your girls (Grades 1 - 6) to join
Father in the Church right after Sunday School.

We are grateful to Dr. Philip Mamalakis, Fr. Nick Apostola and Dr. John
Chirban for joining us for our Lenten Orthodox Life series throughout March.
All three presenters, with their unique gifts, gave us great insight into
the challenges and blessings of living the Orthodox Faith, and we thank them
for their time, expertise, creativity and love. Further, many thanks are due
our March dinner hosts, who kept us well-fed while we listened and learned:
Agape Ministry (2 meals!), Choir Ministry and our Youth & Families.

Some time ago, the Lenten & Holy Week Donations Form was mailed to our
faithful. While many needs have been spoken for, opportunities still exist,
such as sponsoring Easter lilies, the decoration of icons on the icon screen
and in the Narthex, flower petals and more. Please contact the Church Office
at your earliest convenience to sponsor an item:

Our Holy Week Service Schedule is available now:
<http://www.stphilipnh.org/events/holy_week/>
www.stphilipnh.org/events/holy_week/. Please share it with family and
friends, and please read on in the eBulletin and attached PDF for details on
everything from the Saturday of Lazarus Event to the Palm Sunday Agape Bake
Sale and Parish Luncheon.

Have a safe, peaceful weekend and enjoy the snow!

SERVICE & EVENTS LIST
April 4 & 5: Baking for Agape Bake Sale, 9 am
April 5: PreSanctified Liturgy (no dinner/presentation), 6 pm
April 8: Saturday of Lazarus Event, 9 am (Orthros begins)
April 9: Orthros & Divine Liturgy of Palm Sunday w/Luncheon & Agape Bake
Sale to follow, 9 am
April 14: Holy Friday Youth Retreat, 12:30 - 3 pm
April 16: Holy Pascha/Easter Agape Vespers Service (& Easter Egg Hunt!), 11
am
April 17 & 20: Agape Nashua Soup Kitchen Service, 4 pm

CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
SAINT MARY OF EGYPT, April 2
- Myrrhbearers Rehearsal
- Holy Friday Youth Retreat Mtg.
- Annunciation/Greek Independence Day Program

TUESDAY, April 4
- Baking for Agape Bake Sale, 9 am
- Parish Council, 6:30 pm

WEDNESDAY, April 5
- Baking for Agape Bake Sale, 9 am
- Health/Wellness Ministry, 9:30 am
- Greek School, 4 pm
- PreSanctified Liturgy, 6 pm

SATURDAY, April 8
Saturday of Lazarus
- Communion breakfast, palm cross-folding, church
cleaning and more to follow the service

PALM SUNDAY, April 9
- Parish Luncheon
- Agape Bake Sale