STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  March 2017

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY March 2017

Saint Philip Weekly eBlast: March 5, Sunday of Orthodoxy

Thu, 2 Mar 2017 11:59:09 -0500

Your March Come & See is published and ready at the link below.

Our parish will host an ARC Blood Drive tomorrow, Friday, March 3, from 12 -
5 pm. Please spread the word and come donate blood if you are able. Saint
Philip is pleased to host this event in service of the greater community,
which is certainly part of our Lenten endeavor to reach out to those in
need.

There will be a festival baking session Saturday, March 4, beginning at
approximately 11:30 am (following the Soul Saturday Service). Please
consider coming to Divine Liturgy first, and feel free to wear your work
clothes to the service. Just come! Contact Jamie Pappas to confirm:

Your Weekly eBulletin, for this Sunday, March 5, the Sunday of Orthodoxy, is
published and ready at the link below. This is a day when we celebrate icons
and affirm that their use within our beautiful services, and throughout our
lives, is proper, right and inspiring. Our Sunday School parents are
reminded that our children will be participating in the icon procession at
the close of Divine Liturgy. Special icons from may be brought in for the
procession. Sunday Schoolers will also receive their IOCC Coin Boxes this
Sunday, as well as their Lenten Activity Sheets.

Our OCMC Event is also this Sunday. We look forward to learning all about
the Orthodox Christian Mission Center from our very own Maryanne Squeglia,
during a brief presentation. A Fellowship Hour will also be offered in
celebration of OCMC. We hope more than a few of our parishioners will like
to get involved with OCMC in 2017-coming to Church this Sunday and talking
to Maryanne during Fellowship Hour will be a great first step!

Within the eBulletin, you'll see more details about events from the Agape
Membership Meeting on March 6 to Family Night ("Celebrating Saint Patrick")
on March 17. Please read on, and join us for as many Lenten services and
events as possible.

SAVE THESE DATES
March 8: PreSanctified Liturgy & Breakfast (9 am)
March 9: Women's Prayer Group & Bible Study (6:30 pm)
March 10 & 11: Festival Baking/Cooking (see times below)
March 10: 2nd Salutations (7 pm)
March 12: Parish General Assembly (following Divine Liturgy)
March 12: Oratorical Festival (following Divine Liturgy)
March 16: Agape Nashua Soup Kitchen Service (4 pm)

CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
SUNDAY OF ORTHODOXY, March 5
- Sunday School (Procession & Coin Boxes)
- OCMC Sunday Event
- Dance Troupe

MONDAY March 6
- Agape Membership Mtg., 6:30 pm

TUESDAY, March 7
- Parish Council, 6:30 pm

WEDNESDAY, March 8
- Greek School, 4 & 6 pm
- PreSanctified Liturgy, 9 am (Breakfast)

THURSDAY, March 9
- Festival Baking/Cooking, 5 - 6 pm
- Women's Prayer Group, 6:30 pm

FRIDAY, March 10