STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  September 2017

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY September 2017

Saint Philip Weekly eBlast: Oct. 1, 2nd Sunday of Luke & Special Start Time

Fri, 29 Sep 2017 15:13:41 -0400

Your Weekly eBulletin for this Sunday, Oct. 1, is published at the link
below. Please remember that because of the Nashua Fire Rescue Memorial (10
am at Concord/Manchester Sts.-all invited), there will be no Orthros and
Divine Liturgy will begin at 10:30 am.

Following Sunday School, which will begin after Holy Communion as always,
our JOY Families (grades 3 - 6) are invited to a Fall Family Picnic!
Parents: please pack your family a lunch and bring blankets to spread out
and whatever else you need. We'll have some outdoor toys and sporting
equipment. We can't wait to see everyone outside, right on the grounds of
Saint Philip.

Looking further ahead, our GOYAns are planning a Trip to Parlee Farms on
Oct. 15. After Sunday School, all GOYAns will meet for a lunch meeting in
the classrooms area (pizza will be provided), and then it's off to Parlee
Farms (95 Farwell Rd., Tyngsboro, MA) to enjoy apple-picking, hayrides, a
fun hay maze and more. Parent drivers and chaperones needed. Contact Marisa
Donati to confirm attendance:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Looking toward the end of the month, please note that our Fall Parish
General Assembly will be Sunday, Oct. 29. Please plan to join us immediately
following Divine Liturgy for this important meeting, so important for our
reflection, planning and encouragement as a faith community. The agenda will
soon be mailed to our Stewards and available in the Narthex.

There's more to read about within the eBulletin and attached PDF. We look
forward to seeing you, and yours, at Saint Philip this Sunday-and have a
wonderful weekend!

CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
2ND SUNDAY OF LUKE, Oct. 1
- No Orthros today
- Nashua Fire Rescue Memorial, 10 am
- Divine Liturgy, 10:30 am
- Choir Appreciation Event
- Sunday School
- JOY Family Picnic

TUESDAY, Oct. 3
- Parish Council, 6:30 pm

WEDNESDAY, Oct. 4
- Health/Wellness, 9:30 am
- Greek School: Children, 4 pm;
Adults, 6 pm
- Choir Rehearsal, 6:30 pm

THURSDAY, Oct. 5
- Orthodox Life: "Finding Faith in Gran Torino,"
7 pm

3RD SUNDAY OF LUKE, Oct. 8
- Sunday School Family Worship

September Come & See:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org/newsletter/>