STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  September 2017

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY September 2017

Saint Philip Weekly eBlast: Sep. 17, Sunday after the Cross & Start of Sunday School

Fri, 15 Sep 2017 10:18:23 -0400

Your Weekly eBulletin for this Sunday, September 17, is published and ready
at the link below.

Following a special blessing from Fr. Alex and Holy Communion this Sunday,
regular Sunday School classes will begin. Our teachers can't wait to welcome
our boys and girls to the 2017 - 18 year! Last weekend's Sunday School
"Sundae Bar" was a big hit, and our teachers and leaders extend their
gratitude to all the students and their parents for the help. Parents,
haven't registered your child or children for Sunday School yet? Please do
so at your earliest convenience:
<http://stphilipnh.org/ministries/sunday_school_2017/registration.php>
http://stphilipnh.org/ministries/sunday_school_2017/registration.php.

This week on Thursday, Sep. 21 we'll also be launching our Fall Orthodox
Life Series: "Finding Faith in Gran Torino." The series is based on Clint
Eastwood's Gran Torino, a movie that explores themes such as faith, revenge,
love, bigotry, hope and forgiveness. We'll study the movie from an Orthodox
perspective, dialoguing with these themes and relating them to our lives.
The 21st will be our viewing night, complete with candy and popcorn. 7 - 9
pm. The series is free, and the public is welcome.

Friday, Sep. 22 will be an awesome night for our youth and families-Coach
Kevin Kearns is coming to Family Night, 6 - 8 pm! Coach Kearns is one of the
premier strength and conditioning experts in the US-as well as author of an
inspiring book, Always Picked Last. All children, parents and parishioners
are invited. Dinner will be served, but do confirm your drink or dessert
offering with Brandy Chetsas by Sep. 20:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

And there's much more coming our way at Saint Philip, from opportunities to
serve those in need with Agape on Sep. 18 & 21, to the JOY Family Picnic on
Oct. 1. Please read on within your eBulletin and the attached PDF for all
the details.

Looking forward to seeing you this Sunday!

CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
SUNDAY AFTER THE CROSS, Sep. 17
- Sunday School begins/blessing
- GOYA Mtg.

MONDAY, Sep. 18
- Agape Soup Kitchen Service, 4 pm

TUESDAY, Sep. 19
- Compassionate Friends, 6:30 pm

WEDNESDAY, Sep. 20
- Health/Wellness, 10 am
- Greek School Registration, 4 - 6 pm
- Choir Rehearsal, 6:30 pm

THURSDAY, Sep. 21
- Agape Soup Kitchen Service, 4 pm
- Orthodox Life Movie Night: Gran Torino, 7 pm

FRIDAY, Sep. 22
- Family Night w/Coach Kearns, 6 pm

1ST SUNDAY OF LUKE, Sep. 24
- Sunday School/Stewardship Practicum