Monospaced Font

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  May 2018

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY May 2018

Saint Philip Weekly eBlast: May 27, Sunday of Holy Pentecost

Thu, 24 May 2018 14:24:24 -0400

Your Weekly eBulletin for this Sunday, May 27, is published and ready:
<http://www.stphilipnh.org/bulletin/> http://www.stphilipnh.org/bulletin/.
The May - July Come & See is forthcoming, and we'll announce its publication
very soon.

Our Festival Committee would like to extend its warm appreciation to all
those who worked so very hard preparing for and executing last week's
festival. Preliminary reports suggest a very successful event, and it would
not have been possible without our loving parishioners. Whether you baked,
cooked, washed dishes, served, set up or cleaned, you had an impact. Our
committee is also grateful to the many businesses that advertised within the
Ad Book-we appreciate the support!

Of course, if you're in town this weekend, we hope you'll join us for
worship at Saint Philip. The first service of the weekend is Saturday, May,
26, the 4th Soul Saturday. Please join us for Orthros & Divine Liturgy (9 &
10 am, respectively) and the Memorial Service. Names of the departed can be
given to Fr. Alex via email by Friday afternoon, dropped at the office or
simply brought to the service. Please prepare a small Koliva if you can.
Looking to Sunday the 27th, this is the Feast of Holy Pentecost, when the
Church marks the coming of the Holy Spirit to the friends of Christ ... and
to the world. For those who can remain with us, we'll offer the beautiful
Vespers of Holy Pentecost, after Divine Liturgy. Also, Fr. Alex will offer a
special prayer for Memorial Day-a holiday that brings to mind all those who
have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, from the earliest times to
the present. May their memory be eternal! Finally, we'll have name day
flowers for those who celebrated on May 21, the Feast of Saints Constantine
and Helen. Come celebrate your name day at Saint Philip!

Looking to Monday, May 28, we'll hold our annual Memorial Day Service at
Woodlawn Cemetery, starting at 10:30 am. Please bring your list of departed
loved ones, or give it to Fr. Alex ahead of time. If you email it, please
make sure to do it by 5 pm on May 27. While this is a lovely occasion to
gather and pray, please do not neglect the Soul Saturday Service on the
26th; this is the most important occasion of the season to remember our
departed in context of Divine Liturgy, where we receive the life-giving
"Medicine of Immortality."

Finally, the Metropolis Awards Banquet is Sunday, June 10, and our parish
honoree is Doug Philipon, a wonderful friend and steward of Saint Philip-we
congratulate him, as well as his beloved wife, Gail, and daughters Eleni and
Alexia. Join us on the 10th, at Lombardo's Restaurant (6 Billings St.,
Randolph, MA), beginning at 5:30 pm. Tickets are $75 each. Contact the
Church Office to purchase a ticket and join our St. Philip table(s). We look
forward to recognizing Doug for his heartfelt service!

There's much more highlighted in your eBulletin and attached Weekly Bulletin
PDF, from the Promotion, Graduation & Scholarship Sunday Event on June 10 to
this summer's MBC (Metropolis of Boston Camp) session dates. Read on and
enjoy!

CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
HOLY PENTECOST, May 27
- Sunday School Family Worship