STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  September 2018

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY September 2018

Saint Philip Weekly eBlast: Sep. 9, Sunday before the Cross & Ministry Fair/Luncheon

Alexander Chetsas <[log in to unmask]>

Alexander Chetsas <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 7 Sep 2018 13:56:41 -0700

We wish our Saint Philip children and college students a blessed, safe and
productive 2018 - 19 school year. Please keep them all in your prayers!

Please note-due to health issues among our liturgical staff, we will not
have the planned Orthros & Liturgy for the Nativity of the Theotokos
tomorrow (Sat, Sep 8). We apologize for the inconvenience.

Your Weekly eBulletin for this Sunday, Sep 9, is published and ready:
<http://www.stphilipnh.org/bulletin/> http://www.stphilipnh.org/bulletin/.
Please make sure to bring the whole family for worship, the Ministry Fair,
parish luncheon (many thanks to our Stewardship Ministry for hosting!) and
Sunday School sundae bar. As of this Sunday, regular service hours
resume-typically Orthros, 9 am; Divine Liturgy, 10 am. However, because of
the aforementioned issue, we will begin Orthros a half hour late this
Sunday-9:30 am. Liturgy will begin promptly at 10 am.

While Sunday School parents may register their children for the 2018 - 19
year at the fair, all are encouraged to register online:
<http://stphilipnh.org/ministries/sunday_school_2018/registration.php>
http://stphilipnh.org/ministries/sunday_school_2018/registration.php. Also
especially for our youth, there is a new "Saintly Lives" entry within the
Youth Ministry pages of our site. The September entry is all about Saint
Thekla:
<http://www.stphilipnh.org/ministries/saintly_lives/saint_thekla.php>
http://www.stphilipnh.org/ministries/saintly_lives/saint_thekla.php.

Sep 10 is the Agape General Meeting, beginning at 6:30 pm. All members, and
interested women of our parish, are warmly invited to gather for dinner,
discussion and planning. Come learn about our Agape Ministry-all are
welcome.

Looking further ahead, please make every effort to join us for the Feast of
the Cross services on Sep 14 (same times as above). Parishioners are invited
to bring basil to Church on this day, as well as on the 16th for the Sunday
School 1st day of classes blessing.

Much more is highlighted in the eBulletin and attached PDF, including the
parish "Greek Nite" fundraiser on Oct. 20-the flyer is available on our
homepage-please view and pass it on:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org/>
www.stphilipnh.org/. We look forward to seeing our entire parish family this
Sunday for worship and our very special slate of events.

CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
SUNDAY BEFORE CROSS, Sep 9
- Orthros, 9 am
- Liturgy, 10 am
- Ministry Fair, Luncheon & Sundae Bar

 MONDAY, Sep 10
- Health/Wellness Ministry, 10 am
- Agape Mtg, 6:30 pm

TUESDAY, Sep 11
- Stewardship, 6:30 pm

WEDNESDAY, Sep 12
- Choir Rehearsal, 6:30 pm

FRIDAY, Sep 14
The Holy Cross

SUNDAY AFTER CROSS, Sep 16
- Orthros, 8:30 am
- Divine Liturgy, 9:30 am
- Sunday School begins/blessing & 1st day of
class
- GOYA Mtg

Aug - Sep Come & See:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org/newsletter/>
www.stphilipnh.org/newsletter/