STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  October 2018

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY October 2018

Saint Philip Church Weekly eBlast: Liturgy, General Assembly, Parish Elections & More

Alexander Chetsas <[log in to unmask]>

Alexander Chetsas <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 26 Oct 2018 11:45:49 -0400

Good Morning to our Parish Family ... I regret I was not able to lead Divine
Liturgy for St. Demetrios this morning, as my recovery continues. Thank you
for your patience.

I have a few important things to share, and hopefully I'll be able to resume
our normal Weekly eBulletins, blasts and other communications shortly.

1. After Divine Liturgy and Sunday School this Sunday, Oct. 28. Join us for
our Fall General Assembly, where we will reflect on our ministries, pass our
2019 budget and receive important reports. Our agenda is late, and the rest
of our Parish Council and I offer our apologies. I seek your loving support,
cooperation and enthusiasm for the following:
Opening Prayer

Election of Assembly Chair

Acting President's Greeting

Ministries Report

Secretary's Report/Minutes

Election of 2019 Elections Committee

Financial Report/2019 Budget

Stewardship

Every Member

Final Prayer

2. Stewardship Sunday and our Parish Elections will take place on Sunday,
Dec. 9. 2019 Stewardship Commitment Cards and campaign info is being mailed
to our faithful-please be ready to offer your completed commitment card on
this day and enjoy a lovely "thank you" luncheon. Election information,
including applications for Parish Council and the Board of Auditors, is also
forthcoming, and I've attached the requisite documents with this email (as
well as absentee ballot guidelines) as well, for your convenience. I may
need to send these out over two emails, so I ask for your patience. There
will be 7 positions open on our Parish Council for 2019; we welcome new
leaders to come join us and look forward to a year of spiritual growth,
positive change and enthusiasm for our Parish Council Ministry. If the idea
of working with our council members and me as a unified ministry team is of
interest, please offer yourself. The deadline is Nov. 14. The earlier you
indicate your interest, the better. All candidates will engage in a local or
regional seminar before the applications and be asked to sign a
pledge/confirmation letter, indicating their dedication to their ministry,
the canons and ethical guidelines of the Church, the Uniform Parish
Regulations of the Archdiocese, the Charter of the Archdiocese and more. I
would also like to meet with all candidates privately to share and discuss
all the wonderful possibilities before us as a leadership team.

3. With regret, I also must announce the resignation of our Parish Council
President, Edward Marden. We thank Ed, and his lovely family, for his
dedication to our parish ministries. I am currently working with our Parish
Council members and the Metropolis on an interim solution for the council
presidential role to take us until the December elections. I'll keep you
posted as those things become clear.

I do apologize for the long email, but the times demand it. Please pray for
a wonderful, forward-looking assembly on Sunday-and join us, using all your
heart, mind, soul and, of course, words to help make this a reality.

Yours in Christ,

Fr. Alex