STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  October 2018

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY October 2018

Quick Update from Saint Philip: Greek Night, Orthodox Life, Beer Tasting & More!

Alexander Chetsas <[log in to unmask]>

Alexander Chetsas <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 18 Oct 2018 11:34:29 -0400

Beloved Parishioners & Friends:

While I can't type much (or well!), I wanted to touch base with you about
some important events coming our way-and, of course, to thank you for your
kind well wishes.

The Greek Night fundraiser is coming this Sat., Oct. 20, 4 - 8 pm at Saint
Philip. This will be a big event for our parish. Please come help out
(contact Jamie Pappas:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]) and share
the event flyer:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org/> www.stphilipnh.org/.

I'll begin our new "Bad Guys of the Bible" Orthodox Life series this Sunday,
Oct. 21. Please join me after Divine Liturgy for a look at the fascinating
character of Jezebel from the Old Testament. I'll make sure to keep our
session to 30 mins, so you can get to the rest of your busy day.

Looking ahead to Nov. 3, I invite all our married couples to the New England
Brews Beer-Tasting Event. Fellow parishioners Jim Carleton (of Sad Adams)
and Maria Poulinas will lead us through the tasting, and there will be
lovely snacks from Pressed Café and other Saint Philip parishioners and
friends. The donation per couple is $30 (make checks payable to Saint Philip
Church). Reservations are important for planning, so please make yours with
me at your earliest convenience: 603.889.4000;
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] Please come, have a
great time and help us build fellowship among our couples at Saint Philip.

Finally, while I will not be able to manage the production of a November
Come & See, we will be sending out a one page calendar of November parish
events soon, as well as a flyer for our Parish Christmas Card. Please look
out for this package in the mail or pick them up in the Narthex.

God bless and thanks again for your many kindnesses over the past few weeks,

Fr. Alex

Oct Come & See:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org/newsletter/>
www.stphilipnh.org/newsletter/
October Church Calendar:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org/calendar/>