STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  January 2019

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY January 2019

Saint Philip Greek Orthodox Church: Jan 18 & 19 Festival Cooking Reminder

Alexander Chetsas <[log in to unmask]>

Alexander Chetsas <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 9 Jan 2019 08:46:38 -0500

Good Morning to our Parish Family & Friends:

While we’ll be sending out our usual Weekly eBlast by Friday, I wanted to
forward you a little reminder about the Jan 18/19 meatball effort for our
festival, offered by Doug Philipon and Joe Pappo. Please read on below, and
help on either of the days; don’t forget to confirm to either Doug’s or
Joe’s email. In addition, a festival jobs/volunteer opportunity sheet is
attached for you to check out in regard to further festival efforts. Please
respond to Doug or Joe as well for this item.

Have a wonderful day and thanks in advance,

Fr. Alex

Festival Update - First up are Meatballs!

Yes, it is that time of year again and we are looking to get our meatball
team back for another roll and bake session. We want to bang these little
balls of goodness out in record time this year so, please let us know that
we can count on you. (Last year we were light on all of our cooking events
so, let's get this started off like gang busters!)

We will make the mix Friday January 18 at around 5 or 5:30pm (10 people)
and back the following day where we need the most help (20 people) at 9am.
If you want to come earlier, we will be there at 8am ready to roll.
Literally!

Contact Doug Philipon [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
or Joe Pappo [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Please let us know if you can come - it is the only way we know if there
will be enough help.

If you could also take a look at the attached Jobs List and let us know how
you plan to be helping this year, that would be great. Of all the letters
and emails we have sent out to our entire parish, we have had very little
response to date.  LET'S DO THIS TOGETHER!

Additional Announcement:

Would anyone be interested in taking the lead on making pans of Baklava
this year? This would be a great job for 2 co-chairs. The importance of
getting new people involved each year can not be understated. And, we will
teach you and take care of all of the staffing  -  2019 will be a learning
year for those that are willing to volunteer and lead this effort! Please
let Jamie Pappas know that you will lend a hand  - [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

  <https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif>