STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  January 2019

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY January 2019

Saint Philip Weekly eBlast: Jan 13, Sunday after Theophany & Seminary Visit

Alexander Chetsas <[log in to unmask]>

Alexander Chetsas <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 12 Jan 2019 10:51:20 -0500

Your eBulletin for this Sunday, Jan. 13, the Sunday after Theophany, is now
posted:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org/bulletin/>
http://www.stphilipnh.org/bulletin/. Last Sunday's Theophany Service was a
moving experience, and it was wonderful to see many of our children present
for the service, after which we were all invited to receive Holy Water to
take home. This Sunday, we'll welcome Fr. Chris Metropulos, president of
Hellenic College/Holy Cross, and seminary student representatives to Saint
Philip. The students will help chant the Divine Liturgy, and Fr. Chris will
share some words with us after the service. We look forward to learning more
about our beloved seminary and how we can assist with its sacred mission.

Orthodox Life begins this Thursday, Jan. 17, 7 pm. Our winter sessions is
"The Theotokos in Holy Scripture & Holy Tradition." Come join us and learn
more about the greatest saint of our Church-and how her powerful example of
Christ-centered humanity is evident through scripture, our Sacraments,
iconography and the entire life of the Church. Continue your learning in the
faith and enjoy great friendship with us on the 17th; refreshments will be
served.

As mentioned in last week's Blast, it's time for festival
prep/meatball-making on Jan. 18 & 19. On the 18th, at least 10 people will
be needed for mixing, beginning at 5:30 pm. On the 19th, at least 20 people
will be needed for cooking, starting at 9 am. Please put some time aside;
and make the effort to confirm with Doug Philipon or Joe Pappo, so that
proper plans can be made for this very important fundraising event:
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask];

And it's time for our first JOY (children 3 - 6 grade) of the year on Jan
27, right after Sunday School. After a pizza lunch at church, we'll have a
bowling outing to Leda Lanes (340 Amherst St., Nashua) on the 27th, after
Sunday School. All our JOY children (grades 3 - 6), and their families, are
invited to join us. Contact Brandy Chetsas by Jan. 25 to confirm your
family's attendance and the number in your party: [log in to unmask]

There is much more to check out within your eBulletin and the attached PDF.
Read on and stay close to Saint Philip!

CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
SUNDAY AFTER THEOPHANY, Jan. 13
- Health/Wellness Ministry Blood Pressure Clinic

TUESDAY, Jan. 15
- Stewardship, 6:30 pm

WEDNESDAY, Jan. 16
- Greek School, 4 & 6 pm
- Choir Rehearsal, 6:30 pm

THURSDAY, Jan. 17
- Agape Soup Kitchen Service, 4 pm
- Orthodox Life : "The Theotokos in Holy Scripture & Holy Tradition," 6 pm

FRIDAY & SAT, Jan. 18 & 19
- Festival Meatball Cooking. Fri, 5:30 pm; Sat., 9 am

12TH SUNDAY OF LUKE, Jan. 20
- Parish Vasilopita Celebration

Dec/Jan Come & See:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org/newsletter/>
www.stphilipnh.org/newsletter/