STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  January 2019

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY January 2019

Saint Philip Church: Festival Committee Update

Alexander Chetsas <[log in to unmask]>

Alexander Chetsas <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 30 Jan 2019 11:30:17 -0500

Good Morning Parishioners & Friends … please see the note, below, offered to
us all by our Festival Committee. Please help when and where you can—so
important to have a complete team effort on this.

I appreciate your time and energy,

Fr. Alex

**************************

Fellow Parishioners,

This past weekend, we had a baking event and would like to thank the 12
people that showed up. It means a lot to us. While this was exactly the
situation we have been trying to avoid, nevertheless, they did what they
could and powered through the work. This kind of turnout prompts us to
wonder how this can happen? We have been promoting the need for additional
help this year for weeks via email, mailings, social media and announcements
during liturgy. We simply have to do better. It is not fair that we have a
very small percentage of our parishioners do all of the work and yet, we all
derive the benefits.

The next two weekends we will be back at it on Saturday morning. We are
asking you to look within and please offer your critically needed support.
If everyone can help us for 3 Saturdays over the next 3 months, it would
make this a breeze. (The festival provides us with roughly 35-40% of the
necessary funding to support our annual operating budget so unfortunately,
this is not something we do because we like to eat!) Please do not continue
to let us struggle. It is not fair to the same devoted people that continue
to show up.

Please come to service this Saturday morning and then we will hit the filo
hard at 11am (or whenever divine Liturgy ends). 25 people, a few pans each
and we will be golden!
<https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif>

Ideally, if you can let us know you’re on board, that helps tremendously.
Sorry for the harsh tone but we have a city that is expecting us to feed
them with great food. Let’s show them what we are all about! Thank you.

Doug Philipon   [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Jamie Pappas   [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Bill Poly          [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Joyce Powell     [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Joe Pappo        [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>