STPHILIPCOMMUNITY  January 2019

STPHILIPCOMMUNITY January 2019

Saint Philip Weekly eBlast: Jan 6, Sunday of Holy Theophany & Water Blessing Service

Alexander Chetsas <[log in to unmask]>

Alexander Chetsas <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 4 Jan 2019 10:58:13 -0500

Your eBulletin for this Sunday, Jan. 6, the Sunday of Holy Theophany, is now
posted:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org/bulletin/>
http://www.stphilipnh.org/bulletin/. This Sunday is one of the great feasts
of our Lord, and it is a day of divine brilliance and renewal in the
Orthodox Church-the wonderful manifestation of this is our Great Blessing of
the Waters Service, to follow Divine Liturgy. We'll pray this powerful
service together, and everyone, including our children, will be blessed and
receive some Holy Water to take home. Please join us, and don't forget to
invite Fr. Alex to your home to bless it over the next month or so if you
wish. We will also have nameday flowers for those celebrating on the feasts
of Saint Basil and Theophany.

Looking ahead, we are invited to start the year with friends from our Health
& Wellness Ministry on Jan 9 & 13. The 9th will be Therapeutic Massage
sessions (contact Joe Collet for an appointment:
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]) and the 13th a
free Blood Pressure Clinic after Divine Liturgy. All are welcome to
participate. Women's Prayer Group & Bible Study will be in session on Jan.
10, beginning at 6 pm, and our GOYAns will be gathering at the Alton Home
for a holiday gathering on Jan 11, 6:30 - 9 pm. A pizza dinner, fun and
planning for the Feb. 9 dance are all on the agenda. GOYAns should confirm
by Jan. 5 with Evmorfia Alton:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Believe it or not, 2019 festival preparation is about to begin-it's
"meatball time" on Jan. 18 & 19. On the 18, at least 10 people will be
needed for mixing, beginning at 5:30 pm. On the 19th, at least 20 people
will be needed for cooking, starting at 9 am. Please put some time aside;
and make the effort to confirm with Doug Philipon or Joe Pappo, so that
proper plans can be made for this very important fundraising event:
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask];

There is much more to check out within your eBulletin and the attached PDF,
including our Hellenic College visit on Jan. 13 and the wonderful winter
Orthodox Life Series on the Theotokos beginning Jan. 17. Please read on and
stay close to Saint Philip in 2019. A blessed and happy new year to all our
parishioners and friends!

CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
Holy Theophany, Jan. 6
(Water Blessing)
- Sunday School Family Worship

TUESDAY, Jan. 8
- Parish Council, 6:30 pm

WEDNESDAY, Jan. 9
- Health/Wellness Ministry Therapeutic
Massage, 10:30 am - 12 pm
- Greek School, 4 & 6 pm
- Choir Rehearsal, 6:30 pm

THURSDAY, Jan. 10
- Women's Prayer Group & Bible Study: "Blessed Are Those Who Are
Persecuted," 6 pm

FRIDAY, Jan. 11
- GOYA Holiday Gathering, 6:30 pm

SUNDAY AFTER THEOPHANY, Jan. 13
Hellenic College Visit
- Health/Wellness Ministry Blood Pressure Clinic

Dec/Jan Come & See:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org/newsletter/>
www.stphilipnh.org/newsletter/
Jan Church Calendar:  <http://www.stphilipnh.org/calendar/>
www.stphilipnh.org/calendar/