GREEK ORTHODOX ARCHDIOCESE OF AMERICA
GOA-NEWS Listserver
Archives at: http://listserv.goarch.org/archives/goa-news.html

June 1, 2012

Having trouble with this email?
View online at: http://listserv.goarch.org/scripts/wa.exe?A0=GOA-NEWS

Feast of Holy Pentecost
The Feast of Holy Pentecost is celebrated each year on the fiftieth day after the Great and Holy Feast of Pascha (Easter) and ten days after the Feast of the Ascension of Christ. The Feast is always celebrated on a Sunday.

The Feast commemorates the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles on the day of Pentecost, a feast of the Jewish tradition. It also celebrates the establishment of the Church through the preaching of the Apostles and the baptism of the thousands who on that day believed in the Gospel message of salvation through Jesus Christ.  Click on the icon to visit the special site for this feast.

May 2012 Orthodox Observer online

Scholarship Deadline June 25

Graduation Diplomas and Certificates

Chosen and Appointed by God to Go and Bear Fruit
Read more on the Congress theme and access registration information

Click on the image to watch the greeting of His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios for the Clergy-Laity Congress

Ministry Highlight

Summer Camping Ministries

Click on the image to learn more about the summer camping ministries of the Archdiocese and Metropolises.  From the Office of Camping Ministries, linked to camps around the United States and to the Ionian Village Program.

Resource Highlight

Archdiocesan Byzantine Choir
CD Available

The Great Vespers of Saint Demetrios by the Archdiocesan Byzantine Choir is now available.  Click on the image to preview, learn more, and order.

Web: www.myocn.net
Vist for full programming and other resources
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Orthodox-Christian-Network/84325040329
Twitter: twitter.com/#!/myocn

This Week From OCN
Come Receive The Light
Programming for the week of
June 4-8

This week, we welcome Dr. Albert Rossi back to the program to discuss the purpose of our lives and relationships. He’ll address same-sex marriage, gender transformation, and how we as parents should talk to our kids about gender issues.

The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese E-bulletin is published by the Department of Communications.