August 11, 2017

Having trouble with this email?  View online at: http://listserv.goarch.org/scripts/wa.exe?A0=GOA-NEWS

Since 1989, every September 1st, the beginning of the ecclesiastical calendar, has been designated as a day of prayer for "the protection of the environment" throughout the Eastern Orthodox Church consisting of some 300 million Christians worldwide. This helpful resource broadens our understanding of the word stewardship, to include the depth of our Church’s tradition about our place and role in the world, especially our responsibility to protect the environment, at a time when such knowledge is more vital and critical than ever before. Order from the Orthodox Marketplace.  Author, Rev. Dr. John Chryssavgis is a deacon of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, where he works in the Ecumenical Office. He is also archdeacon of the Ecumenical Patriarchate, where he serves as theological advisor to His All-Holiness on environmental issues.

Cradle or Convert?
A Trend in
Orthodoxy

Engage your faith! Stay connected through our Facebook group,
YouTube Channel, and our Mobile Apps.

The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Ebulletin
is published by the Department of Communications

http://www.goarch.org

http://listserv.goarch.org/scripts/wa.exe?A0=GOA-NEWS

http://listserv.goarch.org/scripts/wa.exe?A0=GOA-NEWS
http://listserv.goarch.org/scripts/wa.exe?A0=GOA-NEWS