Parishioners & Friends, the offering below is from our Festival Committee,
regarding the need for many hands to help out in the coming weeks and
months, as we prepare for our May event. Please read on, support and engage
this truly amazing effort of our parish!

Thank you for your kind attention,

Fr. Alex

Greetings Fellow Parishioners,

I wanted to take a minute and reach out on behalf of the Festival Chair's
and the entire parish. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

As you know, we are in full swing with festival cooking and pretty much have
every Saturday slated for the next few months. This is a huge effort and
honestly, without the dedication of Jamie Pappas and several other key
individuals, our festival would not be half the extravaganza that it is.
Most people are amazed at the amount of food we make and the love that gets
put into it. It is because of this effort that we are able gross somewhere
in the $150k range. While that sounds like a lot of money (which it is), we
need every penny of it to cover our annual costs to run our church. This is
not a question but the reality. Unfortunately, we rely on this festival way
too much. As we grow our Stewardship giving, we hope that this critical need
will shift over time where our own faithful fully cover our operating
budget. Until then, we have this monumental task ahead of us.

This Saturday, Feb. 24, around 11:30 am (after the Soul Saturday Service),
we will be making pan spanakopita. We desperately need your help for this
event. (Perhaps you might attend the service first and then offer your time
assembling these pans of goodness!) Last week, we suffered badly as there
only 12 people that showed up when we needed closer to 20-25. Many of the
people that came were our "seasoned" parishioners that have been doing this
since the beginning of time. What then happened is that we had to finish
them Monday. Our help  was still very lean considering. Honestly, we owe it
to these people to make sure that they are not alone again.

We need to ask you to recommit your time to our church and the preparation
for this festival. We need you to be able to volunteer for at least a couple
events. We need 40 people showing up at each event without us worrying that
we might be in trouble again. We need people to respond to an email saying
yes, I will be there.  We simply cannot show up on the day of the festival
to work. By doing that, we are taking advantage of those that are there for
every event and have been doing so for years.

Please help us this Saturday and going forward. We get done much faster, we
renew old friendships, we feel good about supporting out church.  Thank you.

Sincerely, Doug Philipon on behalf of Jamie Pappas, Joe Pappo and Bill Poly